Saturday, May 15, 2010

Under the wings of an eagle

This morning I had the pleasure of witnessing a robin protect its nest. It was male from what I understand of the bird species and this bird built a nest literally inches away from my living room window in the awning right above our driveway. We get birds often and they sort of become a nuisance more than anything but it is still fun to watch and be a part of the whole process. Today was especially intriguing because today we had thunderstorms and even hail for a short while. I watched as this bird sat in the nest protecting its offspring from the harmful elements. Then later that night as I laid in bed thinking about the event I realized how we are compared to offspring of God and rest safely nestled under His wing. I thought about how oblivious those tiny birds must be all they are seeing is their father’s feathers. I then thought about how many times we are completely oblivious to what God is protecting us from often times all we see is the big bad scary storm and we scream for help and protection but during the times he has been sitting on us all along and we had no idea what harm we could have actually been in we take no consideration to what He has done for us. I am not going to go into what I think God’s intentions are for allowing us to weather some storms and then protect us from others we are completely unaware of. It could be because we need to grow in faith and learn to trust it could be because we need to learn and grow from the hard times, those times might make us stronger so we are able to face the next ones with better understanding. Someone once told me that Jesus is committed to our character development more than relief from our circumstance. Only God know the full intentions of God but I do know one thing for certain and that is His intention above all others is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment